All scarecrows wishing to enter the competition should register with us as soon as possible - but must register by no later than midday on the Saturday of the festival at the latest. Scarecrows from outside of the parish will need to register by 5pm on the Saturday before the festival so that we can get in touch with them to arrange a place to be displayed. Our competition rules are available below.
Prizes will be waarded as follows:
Best Scarecrow: £200
Most original scarecrow: £100
Best interpretation of theme: £100
Prize for technical/creative merit: £100
Best pun (scarecrow name): £50
Best guest scarecrow (from outside village): £100
Please complete the form below to ensure your scarecrow is judged! Or you can download a form here and hand in to Belbroughton Church of England Primary School or The Little Coffee Shop on Belbroughton High Street.
*Name / Title of Scarecrow:
*Name of Entrant:
*Age of Entrant:
10 - 16
*Contact No (w/e):
*Outside Village (and need somewhere to display)?
1. Anyone is welcome to enter the scarecrow competition!
2. To participate, entrants must submit completed registration forms and have their scarecrows on display by the required time.
3. Either complete the form above or download a registration form which can be submitted by hand at Belbroughton Church of England Primary School or The Little Coffee Shop on Belbroughton High Street.
4. For those of you in the Parish of Belbroughton and Fairfield, registration forms must be submitted by 12 noon on Saturday 24 September 2016.
5. For those outside of the Parish, registration forms must be submitted by 5pm on Saturday 17 September 2016.
6. If you live outside the Parish, you need to get in touch with us (details on the registration form). Your scarecrow will need to be transported into the village in order for it to be judged. Provided you contact us in good time, we will endeavour to provide you with a space to display your scarecrows (subject to availability on a first come first served basis). Participants are responsible for arranging transport of their scarecrow.
7. All scarecrows must be on display in the Parish by 12 noon on 24 September 2016.
1. There aren't really any rules as to how you have to build your scarecrow. All we ask is that you include some straw somewhere - it wouldn't be a scarecrow otherwise!
2. This year's theme is ABC - Authors, Books and Characters. Your scarecrow should fit into this theme - although whatever you do, please keep it polite and appropriate!
3. Your scarecrow should be named, with that name being clearly displayed for identification purposes.
1. Only scarecrows registered in time will be considered by the judges (although the judges will have discretion to consider late entries).
2. Judges will be selected by the committee. Judging will be undertaken on the afternoon of Saturday 24 September 2016.
3. This year, scarecrows will be judged on the following criteria:
a. Interpretation of the theme
c. Artistic/creative skills
A maximum of 10 marks will be available in each category. Prize winners will be determined by reference to the marks awarded to each scarecrow - in the event of tied scoring, the judges will decide the winner.
1. For participants from the Parish, the following prizes will be available:
a. Best Scarecrow 2016 - £200
b. Most original scarecrow - £100
c. Prize for technical/creative merit - £100
d. Best interpretation of the theme - £100
e. Best pun (scarecrow name) - £50
2. For scarecrows from outside the Parish, a £100 prize will be available for the Best Guest Scarecrow.
3. Prize winners will be announced and presentations will be made at the Scarecrow Festival on Sunday 25 September at the Recreation Ground (timing to be confirmed).
4. Save for the "best pun" category, a scarecrow may only win one award.
1. The scarecrow committees' and judges' interpretation of these rules (and any decisions made by them) are absolutely final - and can't be challenged!
2. The rules are subject to change at any time (without notice).
3. By entering the scarecrow competition you confirm that you accept these rules.
4. The Belbroughton Scarecrow Festival raises money for local and national charities and good causes and is operated by Belbroughton Scarecrow Festival Limited.
Belbroughton Scarecrow Festival Ltd
Company number - 10324908 - Incorporated on 11 August 2016